About Us

Marsanne Petty
I enjoy writing, reading, photography, history, investigating old structures and trying not to get arrested by entering said structures. I write for Skirt and for Ehow. I can be contacted at mapetty@gmail.com.


Melody Lee
I like to garden and wow people with my artistic interpretations of how flowers should be arranged. I also write for Ehow and Garden Guides. I can be contacted at annlees@gmail.com.
Creating Character - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

April Foliage Follow-Up

There is a lot of new growth in the garden
but I just chose a few pictures for Foliage Follow-Up.
So much is coming up and getting new growth and blooming,
that it is hard to keep up with it all.

I love the way the center of Bird's Nest Fern (Asplenium) looks
when the new fronds begin growing.

I'm not sure what the blue succulent is,

but I'm pretty sure the green one is Coral Reef Sedum.

The Golden Barberry (Berberis aurea) must have liked

the cold winter - it is brighter and fuller than usual.

I use Tri-Color St. John's Wort as filler in my perennial beds.

This one is low-growing and spreads slowly.

I need to thin out the Parrot's Feather in the pond
or the poor goldfish won't have anywhere to swim.

Hope you enjoyed this sampler of foliage from my garden.
Check out the foliage in other gardens at Digging with Pam.



6 comments:

  1. HI Marsanne - thanks for visiting my little blog project. My ranunculas are just in planters and we treat them as annuals here in the Toronto area. I really like the succulents in your garden - especially the blue one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bird's nest ferns-I would love to have one in my yard. I've never seen one in the "new foliage" phase before-they are very cool looking! Your GBBD blooms are all beautiful too-what a beautiful variety of plants you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bird's nest fern is so interesting. Thanks for showcasing it this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, just beautiful. I've never seen bird's nest fern before from that angle. Thanks.~~Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to grow a bird nests fern in my garden - they are so architectural.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with green "coral" reef sedum. The only time mine was reddish colored was when I bought it! I absolutely LOVE the birds nest fern. I have one indoors in a pot. Guess I didn't realize it would grow outdoors in your area but it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete