About Us

Marsanne Petty
I enjoy writing, reading, photography, history, investigating old structures and trying not to get arrested by entering said structures. I write for Skirt and for Ehow. I can be contacted at mapetty@gmail.com.


Melody Lee
I like to garden and wow people with my artistic interpretations of how flowers should be arranged. I also write for Ehow and Garden Guides. I can be contacted at annlees@gmail.com.
Creating Character - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Alapaha River in Jennings, Florida

I don't know how many of you are from far off and how many of you are familiar with the area around where I live. It's about 30 miles south of Valdosta, Ga. Down the road from my house, there is the Alapaha River - which is currently in the midst of a record breaking flood. Officials have said that it is worse than the flood of 1948 (which of course I don't remember).

At any rate, I have been trying to document it the best that I can. Most of my pictures are from the area on County Road 150, because that is the road that I live on. Also, a lot of the pictures are of my mom's yard (yes, the same yard so many flower photos come from!). Currently, she has river water running beneath her house and into her front yard. The flower supply might be a little slim this year :(

There are a few photos from Highway 41, but they have since closed the road and I am unable to get any more pictures from there.

To view the pictures of the river and the flooded area surrounding it, please visit my flickr page: Alapaha River, Jennings, Florida. I will be posting more photos as they become available.

No comments:

Post a Comment