About Us

Marsanne Petty
I enjoy writing, reading, photography, history, investigating old structures and trying not to get arrested by entering said structures. I write for Skirt and for Ehow. I can be contacted at mapetty@gmail.com.


Melody Lee
I like to garden and wow people with my artistic interpretations of how flowers should be arranged. I also write for Ehow and Garden Guides. I can be contacted at annlees@gmail.com.
Creating Character - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy Birthday!


Last week was my birthday. I turned 32!! Can you believe it? I really didn’t want to pass the 30 mark, but my life hasn’t changed a whole lot since then. I was having a really bad week, because I thought that no one had remembered my birthday. No one had mentioned it at all, and we always have dinner at my mom’s house on all of our birthdays. She hadn’t said a word, and I knew she wouldn’t wait until the last minute, so I was getting kind of stressed out. No one loved me anymore! What was I going to do?

My hubby and kids told me I could order a Bamboo Tablet for my birthday, so I did. It was supposed to arrive on the 2nd, several days after my birthday, but I was too cheap to pay for expedited shipping, so that was my own fault. I was really excited, too, because I’ve wanted one for a while. For those of you that don’t know, a Bamboo Tablet is a tool to work with photographs.

Thursday morning arrives. My husband told me happy birthday when he got up. My dad called me and woke me up to tell me happy birthday. My oldest son came in to tell me when he was getting ready. My sis texted me. Then I got online and my mom told me. No one forgot me after all. My youngest son is always in a hurry to get to school, so he didn’t tell me until I went to pick him up.

When I was online, I told my mom that I had ordered the Bamboo Tablet from hubby and the kids. She asked what I was going to do with two of them, and like an idiot, I didn’t get it. She ordered me one too! But she ordered the next level up, so we all decided to keep it and send the one that I ordered back. When they credit my account back, I’ll go buy some new books or something like that.

So, instead of working on anything else on Thursday or Friday, I spent my entire day playing with my Bamboo Tablet. See what I did? Pretty cool, huh? I'll be working on some more here, but it takes me a while because I'm not really familiar with Photoshop too much, and the tablet works with Photoshop. I have to say the effect turned out rather nicely, even if I am complimenting myself. :)

1 comment:

  1. The photo is GORGEOUS! I'm not familiar with a bamboo tablet, but do have a Wacom & love it. Happy Birthday! Hope you get to play all weekend!!

    ReplyDelete