About Us

Marsanne Petty
I enjoy writing, reading, photography, history, investigating old structures and trying not to get arrested by entering said structures. I write for Skirt and for Ehow. I can be contacted at mapetty@gmail.com.


Melody Lee
I like to garden and wow people with my artistic interpretations of how flowers should be arranged. I also write for Ehow and Garden Guides. I can be contacted at annlees@gmail.com.
Creating Character - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Forgotten Bookmarks - Footprints

I have been keeping an eye on the Forgotten Bookmarks site for a while, since it was recommended to me on twitter. This entry, called Footprints is particularly touching. A picture of a baby and his footprints, with this text (quoted from original site)

"Certificate from Chenango Memorial Hospital with photo and baby footprints.

This is to certify that
David Leslie Grant
has been elected to membership in the
Babies' Alumni of Chenango Memorial Hospital
in recognition of generosity and good will to others

Date June 23 1949 ____ A.S. Wilson, Chairman

Found in "Sewing for the Home" by Mary Brooks Picken, published by Harper & Bros., 1946."

The editor of the site has begun making efforts to find the owner of this card. Hopefully with it being posted in more than one place, the owner will stumble across it. If you have any information about the owner of this card, or possibly a relative, please contact the editor of Forgotten Bookmarks, via the comments section on Footprints. I am sure that the owner would appreciate being reunited with a treasure such as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment