About Us

Marsanne Petty
I enjoy writing, reading, photography, history, investigating old structures and trying not to get arrested by entering said structures. I write for Skirt and for Ehow. I can be contacted at mapetty@gmail.com.


Melody Lee
I like to garden and wow people with my artistic interpretations of how flowers should be arranged. I also write for Ehow and Garden Guides. I can be contacted at annlees@gmail.com.
Creating Character - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mush!

The color of my garden this winter is mush. Do you know how many colors of mush there are? Let me show you ....

droopy green Ginger mush

golden brown Hydrangea mush

brownish green Canna Lily mush

grayish brown Crinum Lily mush

and finally
brown-used-to-be-bright-yellow Philodendron mush

I think the Philodendron is done for,
but all the rest should come back in the spring.

3 comments:

  1. I am so so sorry for you. I know and hate the plant as ooz sight after a killing frost. Hope some come back.
    jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I can certainly relate! That mush color gets old fast. My problem is trying to restrain myself from cutting it all down. I'm afraid if I do, they'll start growing again and then we'll get another freeze. I'm trying to hang on here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melody-
    We have a lot of mush here in California as well. And as of 8:50 this morning, we also have a Walnut tree through our office's kitchen roof. What a January!!!! Good to see your post.
    Desiree

    ReplyDelete