About Us

Marsanne Petty
I enjoy writing, reading, photography, history, investigating old structures and trying not to get arrested by entering said structures. I write for Skirt and for Ehow. I can be contacted at mapetty@gmail.com.


Melody Lee
I like to garden and wow people with my artistic interpretations of how flowers should be arranged. I also write for Ehow and Garden Guides. I can be contacted at annlees@gmail.com.
Creating Character - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year!!!

I have a new addition to the blog this year, my mother, so this post is kind of about the two of us.

Marsanne (that's me)

Well, it’s a New Year – time for a new beginning. I’ve fallen behind on my blog writing because – well, because life happens!

I have been busy writing for magazines – including Skirt, holding art shows, photographing special events, doing genealogical and historical research, homeschooling, cooking, cleaning, and – oh yeah, and sleeping.

My mom wanted to try blogging, so she is going to join me. She will write about life in the garden and life in general. And I’ll continue to tell you about photo and writing news and events. Maybe between the two of us, you will find something you like.

Melody (that's my mom)

Welcome to the new, revised, better, improved – did I miss anything? – Creating Character. My name is Melody and I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am a freelance writer for www.ehow.com and www.gardenguides.com. And I am a gardener – no, my hobby is gardening – no, that’s not it, I am obsessed with gardening.

So what does gardening have to do with photography, writing, or even Creating Character? Gardening creates the character of the gardener who plans, hopes and dreams, and works toward a goal; of the landscape with the addition of beautiful plants and flowers; of those who stop to admire the colors and scents of nature and relax for just a few minutes.

I hope you enjoy my thoughts about gardening and life and whatever else I find interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melody-
    It's Desiree from Bed of Spices. Thank you very much for your comments. I'm looking forward to your foray into blogging. I really like the idea of a mother/daughter blog, I think it's a unique perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melody,

    Thanks for your comment. You might also be interested in http://cultivatingtheinnergardener.blogspot.com . You're right, gardens and gardening definitely affect the being of gardeners.

    Regards,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete