About Us

Marsanne Petty
I enjoy writing, reading, photography, history, investigating old structures and trying not to get arrested by entering said structures. I write for Skirt and for Ehow. I can be contacted at mapetty@gmail.com.


Melody Lee
I like to garden and wow people with my artistic interpretations of how flowers should be arranged. I also write for Ehow and Garden Guides. I can be contacted at annlees@gmail.com.
Creating Character - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Search This Blog

Friday, February 20, 2009

Paws for Charity Book Project

Sara Harley, a fellow Etsy photographer and founding member of Paws For Charity, is inviting POE Members who photograph dogs and cats to participate in a new Paws for Charity Book project. Proceeds from the Blurb style book will go directly to a breast cancer charity. They are seeking 40 artists to contribute a piece of artwork to be featured in the book. I have submitted the photo below as my contribution, and I encourage others to submit their photographs or artwork as well.

Breast cancer is a prevalent disease in the United States today, accounting for more than 1 in 4 diagnoses, and is preceded as cause of death only by lung cancer. There are currently more than 2.4 million women in the United States that have been diagnosed and treated for breast cancer. Contributing to this cause will be worthy for everyone, as there are few people who can say that their lives have not been touched in some way by breast cancer.

Won't you please join in the fight against breast cancer with your contribution today? The deadline for photographs and artwork submissions is February 28, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment