About Us

Marsanne Petty
I enjoy writing, reading, photography, history, investigating old structures and trying not to get arrested by entering said structures. I write for Skirt and for Ehow. I can be contacted at mapetty@gmail.com.


Melody Lee
I like to garden and wow people with my artistic interpretations of how flowers should be arranged. I also write for Ehow and Garden Guides. I can be contacted at annlees@gmail.com.
Creating Character - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Search This Blog

Friday, February 27, 2009

Radio Interview on 105.9

So this morning I had a radio interview on 105.9, out of Valdosta. It's owned by Black Crow Media a group of very friendly folks. I have to say that I was kind of nervous, but the interviewer, Frank, kept asking me questions and it went pretty good. Unfortunately, because I was literally frozen to my chair, I can't really remember what all he asked. I remember he asked if I was one of those people who stopped on the side of the road to take pictures and I said yes, I was one of those. Because I am. If I see something I want a shot of, I just stop and shoot away until I'm done. I've gotten plenty of excellent shots that way. I told him a lot of the pictures from the art show at Smith at Northview Hospital were from my mom's garden, so he asked me could I identify them, and I said no. Because I can't. There are a few flowers I can name, but not very many.

Then it was the other girl's turn, and she was talking about a fashion show that will be held in Valdosta. It's called Breakfast at Tiffany's and will be held at Bas Bleu in downtown Valdosta on March 21st, from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. Prizes will be given out and a silent auction will be held. The fashion show will be the debut of the spring lines from high end shops such as 10 Central, Ally B's Boutique, Ellis' Boutique, ENVY, Fads and Fashions, Mom's to Bee, Renee's Fashions, and Serendipity Boutique. All proceeds from the fashion show and silent auction will benefit the Partnership Health Center, a free primary care clinic for the working, uninsured citizens of Lowndes County. For more information, call 229-245-0020, extension 3, or visit the Partnership Health Center.

Another great thing about the fashion show is that I will be the photographer. This will serve two purposes: it will provide the benefit with free photography, and it will enhance my portfolio, hopefully giving me more access to clients. I am very excited about the whole thing and look forward to attending the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment